Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Icon slips

This just in from the 300 South OP Ave. block: The U.S. Postal Service did not deliver yesterday.  This I can confidently assume from the totally empty three boxes in our building, west side of OP Ave., a few doors north of Wash Boul.  There's a # to call, but it does not give you the local p.o., or didn't a few years ago last time I called, when same thing happened on 600 Ontario block.  S--t happens, I know, and maybe we should mainly be grateful it happens as infrequently as it does in respect to mail delivery.  There, got that off my chest.
 
3:50, having broken down and called the # (1-800-ASK-USPS), was put on hold AFTER answering the machine four or five times.  3:53, got Eric, who said give them to 5 p.m., call back with info, they will go to supervisor, etc.  Thanked him, that was it for then.
 
4:30, going outside, there she was, Ms. Mail Carrier.  I said Hi, added there had been no mail yesterday, she said she knew.  Whole tone was, she knew quite well about it, which was all I had to hear.  End of story and complaining.

No comments: